top of page

Atrato Halliwell is an Atrato Group company, and Investment Adviser to the joint venture between Supermarket Income REIT and British Airways Pension Trustees Limited. The JV owns a 51% beneficial interest in one of the largest UK supermarket portfolios. The remaining 49% is owned by Sainsbury’s.

This high-quality portfolio of 26 Sainsbury’s omnichannel supermarkets has a London and south-east bias and was created in 2000 through two sale and leaseback transactions. These were funded by bonds issued under two securitisations Highbury Finance B.V. (“Highbury”) and Dragon Finance B.V. (“Dragon”). The rental income received from the Portfolio pays down the outstanding balance of the bonds to a final amount which will be repayable in 2023 by way of a refinancing or sale of the Portfolio. 

The Atrato Group originated, structured and arranged the investment opportunity and Atrato Halliwell is subsequently the investment advisor to the joint venture. This role includes providing advice on pricing and the complexities of the underlying securitisation structure and draws upon our extensive experience of asset backed finance and our deep understanding of the grocery sector.

Atrato Halliwell Logo (Green).png
bottom of page